Sunday, October 11, 2015

Double Trouble: 30th Birthday Festivities x2

I'd like to think that I went out with a bang in leaving behind my early 20s this past week. Two separate birthday parties, lots of balloons, wild hair flair (in honor of the Roaring 20's), decadent cakes - and surrounded by loving friends and family, who really blessed me in the advent of this new season.

On my actual birthday, we enjoyed a "Fancy-Schmancy" themed birthday party (aka dinner out in fancy clothes) and then celebrated with more friends and family on Saturday, with a giant pot of crockpot chili, homemade cornbread, and an elaborate six-layer chocolate salted-caramel buttercream cake my dear friend Alisa whipped up! It was so nice spending time with Ken's relatives, including his Grandma Dorothy, who is exactly 60 years and a couple days apart from me in age. She seemed to enjoy the party. Also, in town for the party was Great Aunt Wilma, who spends part of her time living in Minnesota and the other part in Brazil. She's really cool.

I felt so loved by the oodles of birthday cards, flower bundles, gifts, and goodies! In writing this, I keep glancing over at the beautiful arrangements on our table - roses, sunflowers, carnations, orchids, and alstromeria. I've never had so many flower bouquets in my possession. Thank you so much!

Here are some pics we snapped from the parties! :)


Party #1:













Party #2














3 comments: