Sunday, November 9, 2014

Oh Baby! Gender Reveal Time!

It's official, folks...



Ken and I are celebrating this special news and rejoicing over our healthy 20-week-old daughter. Baby Crewdson is now just over 11 ounces and the length of a medium banana. Her fingers and toes are formed and so cute! We got to watch her dancing in utero a couple days ago. I love her so much.


At Ken's 30th birthday party on Friday night, we revealed the baby's gender to family and friends with a 'gender reveal cake.' Being of the mindset that I wanted to bake an extra-special homemade chocolate cake for Ken, I spent nearly four hours in the kitchen baking two separate cakes - first a pink strawberry cake that I used as my base for cutting out little pink hearts, which I then placed into a double-chocolate cake batter prior to baking. I topped the six-inch tall layer cake with a chocolate-ganache-meets-buttercream frosting crafted from scratch and "Ta-da!" it was ready to be devoured. My only hope in making this rather difficult cake was that I wouldn't need to upload a photo online with the hashtag, #PinterestFail. Needless to say, it tasted incredible and there were some traces of pink hearts in the final product. In the future, I think I'll approach all swoon-worthy Pinterest photos that consider themselves 'super easy to recreate' with much more suspicion.

Here are some photos of our Gender Reveal Cake surprise. Enjoy!


 



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news, Crewdsons! She's a very blessed little girl to be yours.

    Hugs,
    HGreisen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Baby C! Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I wrote you a message to say congratulations (hooray for our baby girls!!), but I forgot to add that whatever the Pinterest version looked like, your gender reveal cake was adorable and I could totally tell those were pink hearts. Well done!

    ReplyDelete