I wanted to share a recipe I crafted a couple days ago, which is now my new favorite fall treat: Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Cookies! Imagine the perfect matrimony between pumpkin pie and gingerbread--well, chai tea gingerbread. Mmm! I got the idea for these cookies as I thought back to some of the tasty treats I received from a friend a couple years ago at Christmas-time. She mailed me a box of chai tea cookies, which seemed incredibly exotic. I had never heard of chai tea cookies although I had been fond of chai tea lattes for quite a while. Thanks again, my dear! You know who you are...Also, since another dear friend recently gifted me with a care package full of seasonal delights from Trader Joe's (insert huge smile), I decided it was time to figure out how to prepare cookies that adequately reflect my love for all things fall.
|Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Cookies|
Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Cookie Recipe
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 scoopful (which is 3 tablespoons) of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte Mix
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Cream butter and brown sugar.
2. Add vanilla extract and Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte Mix. (Note: If you prefer a stronger chai flavor, you can add up to 5 tablespoons of spice mix.)
3. Mix well, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
4. Separate dough into two balls on cling wrap or waxed paper. Then shape each dough ball into a log and tightly wrap each log in its cling wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C).
6. Remove cookie dough logs from the fridge and unwrap them. Then, using a sharp knife, cut 1/2-inch rectangular strips from each log. Prick each cookie with a fork and then place on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Transfer cookies to wire racks for cooling.