Tuesday, December 15, 2015

8 Months & 4 Teeth Later...


It happened. 

All of a sudden, baby girl up and turned 8 months old. My little baby, who seemed to have been born only a couple days ago (see birth story here), is now crawling (!!!), pulling herself up to a standing position on her own (!!), and trying to feed herself solid foods - on her own, of course! 

Ruby, how did you get so big? How did you grow up so fast? I ask her these questions on a daily basis. 

Baby girl is still wearing some 9-month clothing, but is mostly on to 12-month clothing now. As I glance over at my little girl, whose toes already seem to be outgrowing her newest 12-month size sleeper, she smiles knowingly, as if to say, "Yep, Mama. I'm a big girl." She's so tall for her age!

Just as the legendary song All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth goes, it seems as if Ruby has been working overtime (think: scattered sleep at night) to get her top two front teeth in. Her bottom two teeth are all the way in, and now their long-awaited counterparts have broken through. I think she's wanting to chew foods more like a big girl, as she practices using her teeth all the time now. 

Besides these exciting developments in Ruby's life, she's also become more and more conversational. I love it! I love hearing her trying to describe and understand the world around her. It's priceless. 

With that said, I better head out. Ruby is calling for milk in her native tongue. 

I'll leave you with some recent family pics. Have a great night!






No comments:

Post a Comment