Monday, February 16, 2015

A Very Special Valentine's


This Valentine's Day was special for us in a unique way - it marked week #34 in pregnancy! In the past, Ken and I have typically celebrated February 14th by going out on a fancy dinner date (where I would treat myself to a pretty new dress to mark the occasion - here's an example). We'd enjoy seafood together at one of our favorite restaurants, and then take a leisurely stroll around town. This year, we opted to mix things up and enjoy dinner at home. Ken crafted me a delicious spread of shrimp fajitas (with all the fixings) and then we enjoyed brunch out today after our final ultrasound appointment. We also exchanged fun gifts with each other, which I'll include pictures of below. 

A highlight of our three-day weekend was seeing our beautiful baby girl - healthy and radiant - napping in utero this morning. She is gorgeous and already has lots of hair, according to our ultrasound technician. Surprisingly, baby girl is measuring at 35 weeks today and while this won't affect our current due date, it could mean that she might arrive earlier than expected! An approximate guess of her current weight is about 5 lbs, 12 oz, which is great. In speaking with my mom yesterday, she noted that my sisters and I each arrived two weeks later than our due dates. I'm curious to see when baby girl actually arrives! 

Here are some photos of our sweet baby:

So cute!

Her face

Her profile

Her thick head of hair (it's the white textured shadow to the left)

 And here are some pics of our Valentine's celebrations:

Brunch downtown!

Seafood dinner by Chef Ken!


For gifts, I bought Ken dark chocolate sea salt caramels and this cute little robot tea infuser. 


Ken blessed me with this lovely turquoise necklace. 


And lastly, we finished installing wallpaper in the baby nursery! This is our accent wall, complete with wallpaper by my favorite designer, Rifle Paper Co. 


I look forward to sharing more photos of our nursery progress with you soon. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. What a great update! Such cute pics of the baby girl! Can't wait to see the finished nursery. Look at you and K in your matchy matchy jackets at brunch. ;)

    ReplyDelete